Friday, October 2, 2009

How did that happen?

For some reason in today's day and age the music you listen to can sometimes automatically sticks you into one group or label. If you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about let me run through a couple of examples for you.

If you listen to:

House, euro, freestyle - your considered a gino/gina
Rap & hip hop - your considered a gangster
electro & indie rock - your considered a hipster
(sorry if I am not using technical terms or offending anyone by using these terms)

There are tons more but I just don' think everyone would really want to read a full blog post on what label is associated with what type of music you listen to. If you step outside of your house or come out of the rock you live under you would see these types of people in your everyday life. Music is something that is very influential, and makes people act, dress, talk, and view things a certain way.

I personally don't think that labels should be associated with what kind of music you listen to. What if a person listens to all these different types of music? does it make them a gangstering gino hipster? Do they carry the some characteristics of each label and morph into one super label? I myself listen to all these types of music that I listed above and don't really consider myself to be any of those three labels. I have always liked different types of music, but in the past was a little afraid to express it to others because they would probably think I was weird for listening to that type of music and people are always looking for excuses to shun people away from a group.

The purpose of this blog is sharing some of the artists that I enjoy and maybe opening you up to some different types of music that you might not be used to or haven't even heard of.

Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Post a Comment