Friday, October 2, 2009

Crookers Insanity

Crookers who are one of my favorite dj acts specialize in house, electro house, fidget house and hip house. They mesh and fuse all these different types of house music together to make something that would potentially make me deaf but I would be okay with that. After listening to them for about a year I was wondering when they would be coming to Toronto. I missed them once before, but when the opportunity came again I knew I had to go no matter what.

August 6th 2009 was the day of Crookers Insanity and it was one of the best experiences of my life. They played at Skybar which is on top of the Guverment Entertainment Complex. There was no roof and thankfully it was a nice summer night. You could see the CN tower in the distance, an enormous ship and a sugar factory across the street. Oh, I think I failed to mention it was located in an industrial area?

I always wanted to experience what it was like to listen to there music live and in person and I was not disappointed. They filled a nightclub right to capacity and would of torn the roof off the place if it had one. The energy that was in the room that night was unexplainable. Hands and fists were waving in the air the whole entire night and screams from fans were probably heard all over Downtown Toronto that night. Usually if people go to nightclubs a major reason they have a bad experience is because it is too busy and there is no room to do anything. This night it felt as if the club was over-capacity but no one seemed to mind because they were there for the same reason; to sweat profusely, scream at the top of their lungs and listen to some dirty electro beats.



At the end of this post there is going to be a little clip of what I experience that night. Sorry if you get a little motion sickness, it was a crazy party do you expect me to stay still?

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment