Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm feeling alright, I'm feeling alright


Kid CuDi is a rapper who I've wanted to see live for a long time. I found out he was opening for Lady GaGa the same night at the ACC, but there is no way in hell you will get me to see Lady Gaga perform, she legitimately scares me. I'm a weird person, but she takes it to a whole other level, but to each their own. I was kinda telling myself that he will have his own concert around the same time and I was right! It was at Kool Haus, which seems to be the only venue I've been to for the wide abundance of 5 concerts I've been to in my life so far.

It was on November 28th 09 and in the midst of my hectic school schedule. It's getting close to exams so it was a nice break from my brutalious textbooks I have to force myself to read to get ready for exams. I brought 3 of my friends with me, who I somewhat forced to come with me because I really wanted to go. He was supposed to come on at 11pm and we were running late, thankfully CuDi was running late too. He didn't come on until 12:30am, and when he hit the stage the crowd roared.

He played all the hits from his debut CD Man on the Moon: The End of Day and from his mixtape A Kid Named CuDi which created his popularity. I'm pretty sure that me and everyone in the venue that night woke up the next morning with no voice. We all sounded like a horrible school choir singing a long to all of his songs. Well, the next morning I sounded like I was a cougar chain smoker so I guess I might of been singing along a little to much. I think the highlight of the night for a lot of people was when he brought on a special guest noone was anticipating. Drake showed up out of nowhere and I almost got thrown into the crowd cause of how excited everyone was. Okay yeah, his music is okay but I didn't think it was THAT much of a big deal. He performed his single "Forever" for all of 3 minutes, and then he disappeared.

Nothing spectacular happened at this concert, but for some reason I liked it the best. The energy was crazy, the music was amazing and he put on a hell of a show. He didn't need corny background dancers or a crazy looking set. It was only him and a DJ and he showed the crowd a good time!
In the video that someone took at the concert, this was right at the beginning when he came on stage. Look at the energy of the crowd and let me tell you it never slowed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment